I love Halloween and all the fun and spooky decorations! But, as a mom to young children, my favorite thing other than trick-or-treating with them is making Halloween crafts! We have done a variety of Halloween crafts over the years. Here are three of my favorites.
1. Paint Pour Pumpkin
This pumpkin painting craft is SO much fun and great for toddlers! My kids look forward to doing this every year!
What you will need:
- acrylic craft paint
- and a Spatty to remove all the paint out of the container
Put all the paint you want to use on your pumpkin together in a cup at once. After you have all your colors in the cup, flip the cup over onto the pumpkin. Do this as many times as you need to cover the pumpkin.
2. Halloween Soap
My kids love using their Halloween soap because they are excited to get to the prize inside of the soap, and it makes washing more fun!
What you will need to make 3 Halloween Soaps:
- ½ pound clear glycerin soap base
- 3 teaspoons melted coconut oil (1 teaspoon for each Halloween soap)
- Your colors of choice of mica powder
- Halloween toy (i.e., spider, ghost, pumpkin, etc.) to put in soap
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Soap mold
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Spatty to help mix and get all product
- Place 6 cubes of glycerin soap in microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave for 30 seconds at a time until all 6 cubes are melted
- Add the 1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil to the bowl of the soap you just melted
- Add the color of your choice to the melted soap
- Use a Spatty to mix
- Pour the soap into the soap mold and fill ½ way up
- Let soap harden for around 5 minutes
- Add Halloween toy to soap mold
- Fill rest of soap mold to the top
- Spray the soap with rubbing alcohol if you do not want bubbles forming in your soap
- Let the soap sit for a minimum of 2 hours
- Have fun washing with your Halloween soap
3. Halloween Ghost Lollypop
My kids love to make these Halloween Ghost Lollypops for their friends at school. They are so easy and quick to make!
What you will need:
A round lollypop like a blow pop, white tissue paper, Halloween colored ribbon, and a black sharpie.
How to make the Halloween Ghost Lollypop:
- Place the lollypop in the center of the white tissue paper
- Fold the tissue paper around the lollypop and twist around the base of the lollypop to form the Ghost Lollypop
- Tie the ribbon at the base of the sucker to hold the white tissue in place around the lollypop
- Use the sharpie and draw two oval eyes and an oval mouth
- Take your cute Halloween Ghost Lollypop to school for the other kids and teacher